Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Oatmeal Smoothie

I found this recipe on my first day of using pinterest

I am almost always running late in the mornings.. I love my sleep, what can I say! So, often I make a smoothie and then run out the door with my breakfast.


This recipe (via martha stewart) had this description: All the nutritional benefits of oatmeal and fruit can be enjoyed in this simple, healthy smoothie.
sounded good to me! So I tried it out this morning.

Over all, tasty, filling and easy BUT.. it had a bit of a chalky taste from the oatmeal. Other than that, you couldn't taste or feel the oatmeal.

I will likely make this again!
Oatmeal Smoothie
Ingredients:
1 cup ice
  • 1/2 cup frozen raspberries
  • 1/2 cup plain lowfat yogurt
  • 1 banana
  • 1/2 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
  • 1 tablespoon honey
  • 1 cup coconut water (or other liquid, such as juice)

  • Directions
  1. Place ice and raspberries in the bottom of blender, and all other ingredients on top. Whir until completely smooth. Serve.

No comments: