Saturday, January 28, 2012

Honey Barbecue Chicken

My brother just turned 30 last weekend, and I offered to make him supper. he requested bbq chicken with fresh fruit salsa. So I did a little online searching and found this recipe (see next post for the fresh fruit salsa recipe)

Honey Barbecue Chicken
(I doubled it for the 7 of us)

4 chicken breasts

Marinade:
3/4 cup dry white wine
1/4 cup orange juice
1 tbsp honey
2 tbsp fresh basil
2 tbsp olive oil
3/4 tsp dried oregano
1 large bay leaf
salt & pepper, to taste
Combine all marinade ingredients together in a bowl. Mix to combine. Add the chicken, turn to coat, cover and refrigerate 2-4 hours.
BBQ and then serve with rice (I did basmati rice, made with chicken brother instead of water, very tasty) and fresh fruit salsa. yum!

No comments: