Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Punch

I was asked to bring punch to our family gathering this weekend, and had a hard time finding a good punch recipe online. so many of them were complicated or had all kinds of weird ingredients.

basically i improvised from one that i found online, and everyone at the gathering seemed to really like it, so I thought I'd share it:

Punch:

ingredients:
1 can lemonade
1 can cranberry juice
1 can orange juice
1 can pineapple juice
2L of gingerale

directions:
allow cans to warm up slightly from frozen so that they are easier to mix in, even just running them under some hot water after they have been sitting on the counter for about 15 minutes (or more). Empty cans into punch bowl, and fill each can with water once, and adding that to the punch bowl. Mix so that all frozen chunks of juice are dissolved. Slowly add 2L of ginger ale.

I was thinking of adding some frozen raspberry sherbet, but actually just forgot to.. I did have an ice ring that we added to help keep the punch cool, and it didn't dilute it too much at all, since the juice is still pretty strong.

enjoy!

(was enough for my family of 19)

No comments: